Ahoy there, me hearties! Halloween is nearly upon us.
(Twelve days qualifies as nearly upon us, right?)
For the entire month of October—and maybe a few days into November—it becomes socially acceptable to communicate entirely with ghostly, monstrous, and otherwise spooky gifs.
In the spirit of this glorious holiday (see what I did there?!), we got to thinking about scary things that happen in repair shops. We don’t mean being haunted by ghosts of Peterbilts past—we mean those little everyday micro-horrors that, if allowed to run unchecked, can make working at a diesel repair shop a thoroughly terrifying experience.
Naturally we decided to pair these horrors with scary gifs because…well, because the marketing manager gave your friendly neighborhood over-caffeinated writer carte blanche to put up some Halloween gifs, and here we are.
So pull a blanket over your head, pull your favorite creeper closer, and remember to leave some Halloween candy out for the kids (or your staff).
13 Scariest Things to Happen in a Repair Shop
1. When that one vehicle that keeps showing up no matter what you do with it rolls into the bay.
2. The power goes out, plunging you into the existential darkness of missed PMs and broken dreams.
3. The internet crashes!
4. Snapman/toolman hasn’t shown up for weeks? He’s probably been abducted by aliens or ravenous beasts from the eldritch dimensions.
5. TFW someone uses your 33mm socket to take off a lug nut.
6. TFW you find that person!
7. When your customer turns down recommended repairs and you just know this truck is gonna be back in two weeks with a whole slew of new issues.
8. TFW you walk to the service manager’s desk and they have a giant stack of papers waiting for you.
9. The alert you put up when your customer’s friendly but hyperactive dog is on the loose.
10. When you’re out of a common oil filter you use every day and you’re afraid this is a sign of the parts shortage
11. When all of your vendors can’t find that oil filter, either, and now you know it’s due to the parts shortage.
12. When you realize you’ve been drinking decaf and are approximately 0.5 seconds away from a late-morning nap.
13. TFW everyone wants you to cover for them so they can go to a Halloween party…but you’re going to a Halloween party, too.